Tuesday, December 19, 2023

More energy, less baggage – why I’ve always preferred younger men | Brief letters

Age gaps | Ritz discount | Topical carol | Tory talk | Feline fun

There’s nothing new about dating younger men (Hephzibah Anderson, 16 December). I was always attracted to them, and when I was 45, I had a child with a man of 30. He wasn’t wiser, just not as jaded, with less baggage and more energy than men my own age. Now in my early 70s, I still prefer younger men. But these days the younger men still tend to be too old for my taste. What’s an old lady to do?
Sonia Hussain
London

• You report an adviser to the Ritz saying that at Christmas the hotel welcomed families “whose great-grandfather has been coming to the hotel since 1906” (Report, 17 December). Since that would make him at least 117 years old and consequently likely to have a reduced appetite, one can only hope that the hotel gives him a decent discount on his £600 lunch.
Neil Cole
Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire Continue reading...