Sunday, February 19, 2023

How to save money when booking a summer holiday

Bagging a great-value break is still possible despite rising prices – but it does involve research and planning, says our cheap holiday expert Recent headlines have not been kind to those of us who like a bargain getaway. With the price of hotels, self-catering and package holidays all rising, there’s been a barrage of bad news, putting a dampener on our summer holiday plans even before we’ve started looking. But just how hopeless is the situation? I have made it my profession to search out cheap holidays, so I’m not prepared to throw in the towel just yet. True, I would be in denial if I refused to acknowledge current climbing costs, but I also think these straitened times give us an opportunity to hone our holiday booking skills while embracing one of my favourite things about travel: trying something new. Continue reading...